Installing A Cast Iron Tub
The apron style cast iron bathtub installation.
Installing a cast iron tub. A subfloor may also be reinforced from beneath the floorboards. Add extra support to a floor beneath the floorboards by adding additional joists to the floor. My plumber and i tried doing it ourselves but it was to heavy.
Free 2 week bathroom mremodel guide visit. With three of us we managed just fine. Cast iron bathtubs offer durability and efficient use of space in a bathroom.
A built in apron runs across the front of these basic tubs while you. How a 180 pound man moves and installs a 300 pound cast iron bathtub. Measure and mark the location for the top of the ledger usually about 1 inch below the first mark.
Upgrading the surface of a subfloor is not the only possible solution for reinforcing a floor to support a cast iron tub. Now to patch the floor and set the last tile. We installed this kohler cast iron tub yesterday to dry fit the plumbing.
The first step in installing a tub is to set in place a ledger board that supports the edges of the tub that contact the walls of the tub enclosure. We sat it down in the wrong spot and crushed the trim base a little.
- Nantucket Stacked Stone Exterior
- Nail Punch Set Toolstation
- My Green Giant Arborvitae Turning Brown
- Nantucket Stacked Stone Price
- Mug Holder Wall
- Navy Blue Rug 5x7
- Nantucket Style Homes For Sale
- Mudroom Cubbies Plans
- Nautical Kitchen Decor Ideas
- Natural Gas Extension Hose For Grill
- Mudroom Wall Signs
- Music Themed Bedroom Shelves
- Mug Holder
- Mug Holder Dollar Tree
- Nautical Themed Centerpieces For Baby Shower
- Navy Living Room Area Rug
- Navy Kitchen Rug Runner
- My Healthy Tracks Hometown Health
- Mudroom Shelf With Coat Hooks
- Navy Blue Rug 8x10